Director of Quality Improvement
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for a seasoned quality improvement leader in the healthcare sector to direct the Society’s quality improvement activities. These activities include ASTRO’s clinical practice guidelines and measure development, our practice accreditation program (APEx), incident learning system (ROILS), and activities to support our member’s participation in the CMS Merit-based Incentive Program (MIPS). Additionally, the Director will coordinate the work of the department with other ASTRO departments including Education, Communications, and Advocacy and lead collaborations with other societies. Major responsibilities will include ongoing refinement of methodology and process used to develop ASTRO’s clinical practice guidelines and how those guidelines are used in the measure development process; managing and overseeing collaboration with ASCO on the QOPI reporting registry collaboration; interpreting and providing thought leadership to develop strategy in anticipation of members needs for MIPS; providing strategic guidance on our signature quality programs (APEx and ROILS); developing and managing departmental budget; supervising and mentoring staff; and managing activities of committees as assigned including conference calls, meetings, communications, agendas, reports, research and other operations.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Eight to ten years of experience in a health care field with demonstrated knowledge and proven leadership skills in quality improvement, preferably with a specialty society or hospital.
- Masters degree or equivalent work experince in health field.
- Understanding of the development process for work products (clinical practice guidelines, APEx Standards, and quality measures, etc).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance and manage multiple projects while meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to identify minimum requirements and improvements for future iterations of programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to utilize exceptional professional judgment especially with regard to confidentiality.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Commuter benefits with employer subsidy
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
To apply: Click Here
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.