Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Contracts Specialist to review special pricing and handles contracts/licenses for new, renewal and mid-term contract activity as assigned.
- Review assigned pricing requests for accuracy and completeness. Contact account executives and/or performs thorough research using existing databases and other resources to obtain information needed to complete the pricing request.
- Compile accurate pricing information on assigned requests using current systems, databases, and existing files.
- Make routine decisions based on established guidelines, referring more complex issues to more senior staff and/or appropriate manager.
- Work closely with account executives on developing license strategies, proposals, and contract support. As needed, prepare and respond to requests for proposals for the account executive, explaining special terms and conditions of the pricing, access, and length of offer to the account executives and/or the customer.
· Negotiate with customers on a variety of contract and/or licensing issues, including non-price issues.
· Ensure that all information on all final price proposals is accurate and complete by reconciling any price and/or product changes/updates.
· Work closely with BBNA personnel at various levels to negotiate contract terms and conditions, referring more complex issues to more senior staff and/or appropriate manager.
· In response to acceptance of proposals, draft high quality, accurate and timely contract documents which include correspondence, order forms, and terms and conditions.
· Provide instruction to Customer Account Center, via supplemental documents, to invoice and fulfill contract orders.
- As needed, serve as the primary point of contact for customers, and coordinate with other BBNA units to resolve problems and issues throughout the various contract/license stages.
- Provide a variety of support for the sale of BBNA's contract licenses including custom/special contracts.
- Maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases of contract data to facilitate sharing of pertinent information within and among applicable departments.
- For situations appropriate for policy waivers, provides recommendations to management.
- Maintain current knowledge of BBNA products, BBNA policies and procedures, to assist account executives, vendors, and customers.
- Coordinate the renewals of existing contracts by communicating with account executives and collaborating with other BBNA units and personnel as needed.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
2+ years’ experience in an appropriate combination: 1) working with BBNA products, pricing, business requirements, policies, procedures, and/or systems preferably in a consultative customer support role, and 2) providing contract administration support in a related business environment; specialized contract administration experience may be considered in lieu of specific BBNA knowledge requirements;demonstrated ability to use office productivity software currently in use at BBNA and the use of the internet; basic business math skills as necessary to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages; demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform mathematical calculations using spreadsheet applications; knowledge of BBNA products and services; ability to learn, develop, and apply knowledge of BBNA’s contract products, policies and procedures related to installation, operation, usage, billing, and support of BBNA’s contract products; demonstrated ability to perform data entry and run established reports using spreadsheet and database applications; ability to compile, reviews, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information that is varied in content and format; business writing skills including knowledge of business English, vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, and spelling, as necessary to present information that requires some origination and/or compilation; ability to make routine decisions based on established policies and procedures, clear objectives, and business/professional standards; strong oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively with staff, other BBNA co-workers, and customers, in person, and in correspondence; demonstrated ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of shifting priorities and deadline pressure; accuracy and attention to detail; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in liberal arts, business, marketing, and/or subjects related to BBNA products and services or equivalent experience.