Job Title: Technical Editor
Location: Washington DC
Guzman and Griffin Technologies, Inc. is seeking an Associate Technical Editor to work on our Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) contract. The ideal candidate must write with precision and professionalism, have an eye for consistency and detail, and collaborate well under pressure.
Our Technical Editors are writing experts who support FAA projects, editing and collaboratively composing technical manuals, safety assessments, internal correspondence, status reports, and presentations. They work with teams of subject matter experts to ensure technical concepts are clearly and correctly expressed. As projects mature, conclude, and give way to new assignments, Technical Editors constantly improve their technical knowledge, develop their communication skills, and build ongoing relationships with their FAA customers.
This entry-level position is an ideal way to leverage writing and editing skills to build a career in a technical field while making a difference in air traffic control safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with technical subject matter experts (such as engineers, analysts, pilots, system support specialists, and air traffic controllers) to create and refine documents
• Work on a diverse range of technical documents to enable technical information to be clearly communicated to customers and peers
• Create, proofread, edit, format, and distribute safety-related documents
• Support customer meetings by taking minutes
• Provide project support by recording notes and actions and tracking tasks, goals, and progress
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company and customer goals and objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree in English or equivalent (e.g., Communications, Literature, or Writing) from an accredited college or university
• Expert knowledge of the English language, including grammar and usage
• No more than two years of relevant experience, such as technical writing or proofreading
• Excellent editorial and writing capabilities
• Ability to learn technical subject matter quickly
• Detail-oriented and organized approach
• Ability to work on many different projects at one time
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Intermediate ability to create and update documents using Microsoft products, particularly Word and PowerPoint (experience developing graphics and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite would also be useful)
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style is desired but not required.
• Ability to pass a security background investigation
Contact Information: Email: email@example.com
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé with a cover letter telling us why you are suitable for this position. You should include at least two writing samples that show us you can write for a professional setting. Samples of any editing you have done would also be helpful.
• Function in an office environment in a stationary position approximately 50 percent of the time or more
• Operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, and printer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, age, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other legally protected category in accordance with applicable laws.
Apply for Technical Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly