Adult Day Center Director- Baltimore
Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA, Inc. offers a unique opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated Center Director to manage The Edward N. and Della L. Thome Adult and Senior Care Center located in Woodlawn, Baltimore County, MD. The Center is a state-of-the art facility with the capacity to serve 100 adults and their caregivers with and without disabilities. The Center provides its participants with access to onsite clinical services, an array social and recreational activities, physical and occupational therapy, transportation services and meals. The Director will provide oversight of the Center and work to ensure that services are delivered to the highest standards of efficacy and quality. He/she will be experienced in executive management, direct service delivery to diverse audiences and committed to helping people to age in place and in their communities. The Center Director will join a talented team of multi-disciplinary professionals and become part of a regional network of educational, clinical and human service leaders committed to working together to meet the needs of adults and seniors residing in the Baltimore/Woodlawn area.
History of Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA
Since 1919, Easter Seals has been serving the community providing help, hope and answers for our neighbors challenged by physical, mental, or emotional health issues. Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA (ESDCMDVA) (www.eseal.org) is the affiliate serving Washington DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. We deliver exceptional services through a network of 6 sites and in-home care, and we provide Adult Medical Day Care, Early Child Development and Education, Therapy, Behavioral Health, Respite, and Workforce Development services where participants and their families find support, hope, medical care, and enjoyable activities. Our unique and dedicated staff of over 200 professionals includes specialists in education, therapy, senior services, social work, assistive technology, nursing, and related professions. Our entire staff shares our Core Values which are an integral component of the success of ESDCMDVA:
- Respect: We respect each other. We value the uniqueness and dignity of each individual, and appreciate the strength of diversity and inclusion.
- Responsibility: We share a sense of responsibility for doing things right, being good stewards and being accountable for our actions.
- Integrity: We conduct business ethically with a commitment to moral integrity and we expect people to hold a high moral standard. We communicate openly, honestly and directly.
- Innovation: We embrace new ideas, take measured risks and find better ways to help more people.
- Care: We show compassion for others and continue to live our mission each day.
The Center Director will report to the Senior Director of Adult and Senior Services. He/she will be responsible for the overall administration of the Center including but not limited to programming, marketing and admissions, quality assurance and risk management and oversight of clinical and therapeutic care. The Center Director will also manage a team of nurses, a social worker, senior activity leader, a business manager and a transportation manager. Additionally, the Center Director will oversee administrative duties related to state and local auditing, financial management, reporting, and other areas. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the development, implementation and monitoring of Center processes, protocols and procedures.
- Hire, train, supervise and assess staff.
- Work to enhance, market, expand, strengthen and assess Center programs and services.
- Provide vision and leadership to a team of staff and contractors and ensure that they have the professional development, training and resources necessary to deliver high-quality services.
- Comply with privacy laws and requirements under HIPAA and other regulations and understand the consequences of non-compliance.
- Record and maintain all client progress reports and documentation, in a timely, accurate manner and in compliance with agency as well as governmental rules and regulations.
- Follow all safety procedures as required by organization policy and procedure and understand the consequences of non-compliance.
- Comply with insurance and Medicaid regulations and authorizations for billing and demonstrate appropriate use and knowledge of CPT codes.
- Maintain appropriate certification and licensure for the Center.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of clinical processes, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with evaluation (including goal setting, data collection and monitoring) and reporting.
- Liaise with other Easter Seals employees around topics that are pertinent to the Centers and/or organization (e.g., communications, branding, billing, training, funding).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in healthcare administration, social services, or human services. Individuals with experience in aging including social work, nursing and other health-related fields are encouraged to apply. Business professionals with experience working in a human service setting also encourage to apply.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working with adults/seniors with and without disabilities in a healthcare or human service setting. Combination of professional work and education experience will be considered in lieu of this requirement.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in a related field. Must have strong management and leadership skills and the ability to supervise staff in a way that is collaborative and effective.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages.
- Experience working with diverse audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities. Must be computer-literate.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Exceptional Communicator: Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers, members of the community, the Board, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Team Builder: Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), coach, mentor, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to successful operationalization.
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling up one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations. Passion for and commitment to ESDCMDVA’s mission.
- Political Savvy: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively. Plans appropriately to seize potential opportunities and avoid potential conflicts in service of realizing overarching goals.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Apply for Adult Day Center Director- Baltimore
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly