Deputy Project Manager/Scheduler
6 days left
- Full Time
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
- Represents the Project Manager as required.
- Maintain various electronic reporting systems (i.e. Access databases, other commercial SW, and GDIT enterprise automated systems) to ensure reports and documentation (presentations, impromptu status requests) are accurately, timely, and complete.
- Maintain the MS Project Schedule’s currency and accuracy. Inform the project manager of perceived risks or schedule slippages immediately. Determine risk mitigations or schedule shifts to avoid delays. Work closely with the project manager on the schedule.
- Convert the MS Project Schedule (Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)) to a visual display of key milestone events. This is typically done in Visio and is a ‘swim lane’ presentations of the major stakeholders and the timeline. The IMS must be submitted to the project manager on a bi-weekly basis to meet customer requirements.
- Facilitate schedule-specific meetings with construction personnel, hospital leadership, Government managers, and all other appropriate stakeholders.
- Communicate with project stakeholders on all aspects of the project schedule especially when there are significant variations to resolve.
- Communicate schedule information to the stakeholders on a regular basis at the appropriate team meetings and ensure everyone understands the current schedule status. Make updates as necessary as a result of these regular meetings.
- Reviews equipment validation packages to determine if end user training is required and at what level.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors in identification of training requirements for new equipment and new facility orientation training.
- Prepares training packets which includes evaluation sheets, sign-in sheets and vendor's lesson plans.
- Develop and track training program (and course completions) for a variety of technical and non-technical subjects.
- Monitor training sessions and provide feedback to vendor and staff.
- In coordination with the Logistics Lead, reconcile inaccuracies on product shipments and deliveries.
- Document key information for analysis which includes downtime, construction delays, equipment outfitting delays, and scheduling accuracy.
- Provide quality control oversight on all things related to the schedule and automated equipment purchasing systems used in the execution of this project.
- Provide quality control oversight on all GDIT deliverables to the Government. Many will be in written format (various plans) others will be data reports pulled from the GDIT automated reporting systems.
- Understand all aspects of this Initial Outfitting and Transition project. Attend as many meetings as practicable to stay current on progress and delays that will need to be reflected in the project schedule and IMS.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in business or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience. Equivalent technical training and experience may be considered. Experience in construction management is desired.Experience/understanding of supply chain management is desired.Proficiency with presentation and project management software – MS Office products to include MS Project and Visio.
- 5+ years of related experience in project management, MS project and master scheduling.Knowledge and understanding of emerging medical equipment technologies and products.Experience with complex planning, forecasting, and product lifecycle programs.Ability to review and understand construction schedules.Excellent verbal communications and facilitation skills with all levels of authority.Written communication experience in quality reviews, editing, and grammar corrections. Superb MS Word skills to allow for document formatting and production.