Fitness Program Specialist
Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
This position is located at the Kawamura Gym.
Applicants meeting the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred FIRST to the selecting official. Highly preferred candidates will hold an undergraduate degree in Physical Education or Kinesiology and/or have the following certifications: NSCA, CSCCA, SCCC, CSCS or TSAC, FMS level 1 or 2, Cross Fit Level 1 or 2, USAW Sports Performance Coach or Advance Sports Performance Coach.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Possesses and maintains the following certifications: CPA, First Aid, & AED; Nationally Recognized Basic Fitness Trainer Certification (National Strength and Conditioning Association; Cooper Institute of Aerobic Research; American Council on Exercise; American College of Sports Medicine).
3. Must complete the following course (s)/class within six months of employment: Customer Service; MWR Orientation Course; Equipment (Safe Operation and Basic Maintenance Repair).
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position
Successful completion or an undergraduate or graduate degree in related fields such as Physical education or Kinesiology.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:Read more Security clearance Not Applicable