HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR - OPERATIONS
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, education or related field. Master’s Degree and/or human resources certification(s) preferred.
- Experienced in human resources field or in school administration, with preference for experience supervising employees.
- Has knowledge of best human resources and compliance practices as well as a strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and School Board policies.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to effectively communicate information in a variety of settings.
- Has working knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and applicant tracking software, etc.
- Has demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and within the community.
The Human Resources and Talent Development Supervisor – Operations is directly responsible to the Human Resources and Talent Development Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Human Resources and Talent Development (HRTD) Supervisor, Operations is responsible for providing human resource support regarding operations within the HRTD Department, including the management and oversight of employee licensure, pre-employment procedures and clearances, and employment verifications. This position will be responsible for supervising multiple employee groups with a focus on reviewing current safety-sensitive protocols and developing, reviewing, or revising procedures for HRTD Department operations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are reviewed, revised, developed, and communicated to ensure consistency and understanding related to employee licensure, pre-employment procedures and clearances, and employment verifications; Review and recommend new and/or revised policies and procedures as applicable
- Incorporate additional resources and checks through NASDTEC membership
- Supervise employee licensure, including review of licensure requests and communicating with the Virginia Department of Education and expert consultants
- Supervise pre-employment procedures and clearances, including reference checks, criminal background checks, and Child Protective Services checks; Manage identification badge protocols for new, current, and separating employees
- Supervise employment verification processes, including validating data and providing appropriate employment details to external parties
- Supervise and lead each functional group (licensure specialists, pre-employment specialists, and help desk staff) through initial review of current standard operating procedures with resulting revisions, updates, and increased efficiencies
- Implement revised standard operating procedures; Conduct ongoing reviews to ensure consistency and continuous process improvement; Create and conduct audit system to ensure that standard operating procedures are implemented with fidelity
- Consult and communicate with supervisors in other departments in relationship to assignment areas
- Complete and coordinate projects of a complex nature as assigned; manage HRTD Department operations; perform related work as required
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENTSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -