Member Records Processor
6 days left
- Full Time
- Retrieve various types of member records as requested by other PenFed branches and departments by providing all necessary information
- Sort incoming mail from various branches and departments
- Ensure that all documents (e.g. signature cards, promissory note, credit card disclosures, etc.) have a barcode or a barcode cover page and generate abarcode cover page , when necessary
- Research and retrieve requests for member data using HOGAN/Penguin, XIMG, Mobius, OTTS/Dealer Track, FDR, all Retrieval Systems and Kodak 3000DV Plus Digital Scanner
- Perform preventative maintenance on the Kodak 300DV Plus Digital Scanner, and the Kodak i4600 Digital Scanner
- Provide member information via telephone, email, and fax to PenFed employees
- Purge microfiche for closed accounts as stated in the retention schedule, policies and procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of PenFed’s recordkeeping history, which is essential in locating member data
- Assist in ensuring the security of the Member Records area by monitoring unauthorized employee access
- Maintain daily production reports on a regular basis
- Assist in all areas of Member Records including audits and special projects as needed
- Send follow-up letters to members in order to retrieve necessary loan documents needed to complete a loan package
- Code promissory notes, credit card disclosures and other necessary loan documents into the Hogan and/or the Penguin systems
- Make follow-up calls to members who have not returned necessary loan document(s) or who incorrectly completed loan document(s) needed to complete a loan package
- Generate Itemization letters per member request
- Enter necessary remarks into the Hogan/Penguin database
- Setup loan payments
- Prepare incoming documents to be scanned, including merger files
- Pull member statements via Mobius, microfiche and/or the intranet
- Send general emails to various branches and departments, when necessary
- Forward incoming documents (e.g. credit card disclosures, titles, insurance, checks, insurance disclosure, etc.) to the necessary departments (e.g. credit card, collateral control, item processing, mortgages and bank recon) for processing as received
- Prep incoming Daily Work for scanning and complete Daily Work Scanning log using JetForm 165
- Update necessary member number changes on microfiche and XIMG
- Order Supplies (e.g. toner, envelopes and patch sheets)
- Fold and send out 30/60/90 day letters (e.g. welcome letters, promissory notes, credit card/insurance disclosures)
- Assist in training new employees within the department
- Index rejects for the various retrieval systems (e.g. Mortgage, Daily Work and Mem Docs Retrieval system)
- Deliver mortgage files/boxes to other employees at the Alexandria location
- Update bad addresses, resend bad addresses to members, forward bad addresses to DCC
- Fix/maintain printers and also call the printer company when printer is not working
- Pack up with merger branches
- FedEx checks and various documents to various location and members
- Pick up mail and other documents from various departments
- Pick up/escort vendors to and from the Security Desk.
High School diploma or equivalent is required
Basic computer skills are necessary
Good written and verbal communication skills
Working knowledge of microfiche and microfilm equipment preferred
The incumbent must be able to lift/move boxes
Supervisory Responsibility This position will not supervise employees. Licenses and Certifications There are no additional certifications required for this position. Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. Travel Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.