IT Purchasing Analyst
IT Sourcing Analyst
Office of Analytics, Planning & Technology
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an IT Sourcing Analyst.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Requests, analyze, and compare quotations and proposals from vendors for cost savings and delivery terms of equipment, materials, services, and supplies. Recommends vendors and process efficiencies. Verifies and inputs APT requisition data into UMUC's Financial System.
- Monitor APT requisitions through the approval workflow and lobbying for APT PO processing.
- Shops approved purchase requests up to $4,999 to at least 3 vendors and select the vendor that provides the best overall terms by placing the order using a procurement card (PCARD). Monthly reconciles purchasing transactions in accordance with UMUC's PCARD policies.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves purchasing and shipment issues including order changes, cancellation, returns, and damaged equipment.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on APT purchasing activities including requesting status updates from requestors and vendors.
- Analyzes APT invoices for accuracy and immediately communicate identifiable billing errors to the vendors for correction. Craft and submit official dispute emails based on communication received from requestors. Maintain open communication with internal and external parties during dispute resolution process.
- Serve as Travel Liaison for APT staff members, providing guidance and support on domestic and foreign travel including evaluating, modifying, and facilitating the processing of APT travel requests.
- Physically receive and tag IT equipment and verify data including uploading asset information in UMUC's Asset Management module.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- At least three years of total work experience, with at least two years of focus on procurement/purchasing, supply chain management, office management, and/or finance.
- Experience preparing reports (preferably in Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage; attention to detail, analysis skills, and knowledge of purchasing policies and best practices, to support purchasing activities for a specific department/organization.
- Proven ability to interact with vendors/suppliers and team members.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree.
- Up to four years of experience focusing on procurement/purchasing, supply chain management, finance, or Business Administration.
- Experience supporting procurement in a State Government organization.
- Experience supporting procurement in a Higher Education setting.
- Experience supporting Technology procurement.
- Hands-on experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Workday Financials and MS Excel.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.