The Chronicle is hiring a highly motivated, ambitious Helpdesk Technician to join our Operations team. As Helpdesk Technician, you’ll play a meaningful role in supporting The Chronicle’s operations through end-user support (Windows and Macintosh) as well as maintaining and upgrading our infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for hardware configurations, printer issues, and software configurations.
You will join a smart, hardworking, and fun operations team, which includes helpdesk and network and systems administration. This role reports directly to the Director, Information Systems.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical support to users for all Chronicle applications or related third-party products.
- Serve as lead technician on various projects.
- Set up and configure advanced workstations.
- Provide VoIP and Smartphone configuration and support.
- Craft department-specific master images for quick and efficient deployment. This entails taking a new laptop and configuring it with essential software, testing all applications, applying updates and patches, fixing any issues and making an “image” to be placed on new laptops.
- Test operating systems against applications before going into a production environment.
- Utilize helpdesk software to maintain status of all work, as well as keeping detailed notes on all tickets, making sure to include problem identified and resolution notes.
- Document software installations.
- Participate in the Operation’s department weekend on-call rotation.
- Deep understanding of both Mac and Windows environments. Windows 10 and Mac OS X.
- Demonstrable experience supporting helpdesk tools including ticketing and monitoring systems.
- Experience with MS Active Directory in maintaining, creating users and computers.
- Experience with tools such as Casper/Macrium and VMWare.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Strong organization and keen attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 24 paid vacation days a year.
You should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Helpdesk” in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.