The Inbound/Outbound Supervisor oversees and directs distribution center Warehouse Technicians (Techs) for outbound operations.
The Inbound/Outbound Supervisor is responsible for first-line management and overall performance of the Inbound/Outbound operational processes. This position is responsible for preparing and planning strategies to meet the department's daily, weekly, and monthly goals. This position is also responsible for meeting Customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) levels for the processes under his/her supervision. Responsibilities also include coaching and managing associates to high performance standards and recognizing individual and team success. The Warehouse Supervisor works in concert with the senior management team in the pursuit of operational excellence and the facility's all-around success.
- Inbound/Outbound operational responsibilities include supervising the daily work and safety of Warehouse Techs engaged in order selection, product replenishment, and shipment loading. Responsibilities also include conducting order selection, shipping and loading audits daily.
- Conducts audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Achieve performance goals and objectives in the areas of productivity, accuracy and expense control, as depicted by the budget.
- Make appropriate improvements to department processes and procedures.
- Participate with the distribution center managers in the hiring of skilled Warehouse Techs.
- Develop individual associate's skills, standards and morale through training and coaching.
- Direct, support and delegate tasks as appropriate to an individual Warehouse Tech's skill level.
- Give consistent and thorough feedback to Warehouse Techs, conduct timely Performance Appraisals, and deliver disciplinary action if necessary.
- Understand and effectively communicate company policies to ensure compliance and consistent administration.
- Read, understand and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly operational reports; use these reports to evaluate department's performance.
- Compute figures to accurately plan/adjust headcount to meet department's objectives.
- Foster communication and teamwork among staff to ensure accomplishment of operational goals.
- Develop and execute daily and weekly action plans to meet department and distribution center performance expectations.
- Understand and use Warehousing/Distribution technology (i.e. WMS where appropriate, hardware and software components) and maintain control of department functions and procedures.
- Represent the Warehouse/GDIT in a professional manner, promoting GDIT policies and programs and approaching challenges in a positive manner.
- Understand all safety procedures; ensure safe work practices are followed and maintain a safe work environment.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related administrative discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
- 3 to 5 years of work related experience in a warehouse environment is required.
- Experience with supervising in an automated material handling environment is preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of warehouse systems, processes and productivity standards (WMS, LMS, SPC - statistical process control - and related ability to recognize, articulate and address variances in processes).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.