Graphics Assistant /Public Affairs Support
6 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics is currently hiring a Graphics Assistant in Public Affairs for USAMMDA, located at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland. USAMMDA develops new drugs, vaccines and medical support devices that enhance readiness, ensure provisions of the highest quality medical care to the DoD and maximize the survival of medical casualties on the battlefield. The product managers at USAMMDA guide promising new concepts and technologies developed in the USAMRMC laboratories through advanced development and the regulatory process to obtain U.S. FDA certification. Upon FDA certification, USAMMDA works in conjunction with the U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency to develop plans for fielding medical materiel. The Graphics Assistant's responsibility is to provide technical support to the Public Affairs and Marketing Office. Specifically, this individual uses knowledge and skill-set in graphic design and technical writing to develop marketing materials, (this includes researching and collecting all relevant and current information, graphics and photos necessary; writing and editing text; designing custom graphics and content layout using advanced graphics software and graphic design skills/knowledge).
- Provides support at events, including community outreach, VIP and Command focused events/activities (this includes support and brainstorming during the planning process; designing PMO/Division booths for events displays as well as designing tabletop displays; sharing the client's mission/vision; providing photographic support to document all events as well as editing photographs utilizing technical photography software).
- Serves as the Command photographer, providing high quality images of events, personnel and products, as well as providing professional photograph editing using technical imaging software. This individual researches, proposes and executes various technical writing documents, (including news articles, stories, press releases and media dailies) while adhering to mandatory AP style, as well as providing technical editing to various documents from all PMOs and Divisions.
- Supports promotion of social media and website activity, (including creation of custom graphics; adhering to and maintaining OPSEC standards and reporting all unauthorized activities; updating with recent stories/events to keep audience engaged and ever growing) all to promote and maintain a positive professional image.
- 1-3 years of related graphics or administrative experience.
- Must be U.S Citizen / Must be able to obtain a national security