- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Lead installs that support LANs, WANs, network segments, internet, and domain systems.
- Configure, and deploy networks equipment according to specification and security requirements.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability.
- Analyze and isolate network issues
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and Juniper network devices.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking projects.
- Know the seven layer OSI model or CCNA certification.
- Managing a Department of Defense (DOD) classified COMSEC account in accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) and specified service regulations
- COMSEC (KMI and EKMS) standards
- Generation and distribution of electronic keys from national and service level sources to the end-item communications security component (End Cryptographic Unit - ECU)
Additional duties include:
- Perform configuration management of system and hardware assets
- Coordinate maintenance activities with customer and network entities
- Provides training of end-item equipment to customers
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to other employees
- Tasking required by the contract
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Strong hands-on background in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IP based voice, data, and video communications networks; to include transport and end-instruments
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware system problems
- Experience with CISCO, Foundry, Brocade and Juniper routers and switches with in-depth knowledge of VLAN’s, protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, etc.)
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting Cryptographic equipment
- Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192).
- Key Competencies:
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service orientation
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
- Shift Work is required during certain periods
- Valid driver’s license. Able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e.; CompTIA Security+CE; or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification prior to hire date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.