REGISTERED NURSE - Cardiac Cath Holding Area
We are seeking a full-time/day shift Registered Nurse for our 37-bed Cardiac Cath Holding Unit at Sentara Heart Hospital.
New graduate RN's are welcome to apply!
- Employee Satisfaction: Hampton Road's chosen Employer of Choice for over 10 years
- Stability: 125 plus years of no company layoffs. Our nurse retention turnover rate under 5% - significantly lower than the national average of 14.6%.
- Market: Sentara Heart Hospital, a quaternary care facility, is the #2 for Cardiology & Heart Surgery center in Virginia and #24 in the nation for best heart programs. Sentara is comprised of 12 acute care hospitals with more than 300 sites of care all throughout Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.
- Nursing Excellence: We were the first hospital in the region to become a Magnet® recognized hospital.
- Location: We are located in the Hampton Roads area surrounded by beaches, historic landmarks dating as far back as the Revolutionary War of 1776, top rated school systems, and seven cities full of life, events, and celebration.
What you will do:
- We are a CARE Unit: Cardiac Assessment, Recovery, and Evaluation Unit.
- This position is a day shift. Our unit is open 24 hours Monday-Friday. We admit patients mostly during the day and have a light night team for patients that need observation. Must be able to work 12 hours shifts for work schedules. Weekend call is once every 10-12 weeks. Will rotate holidays.
- The unit prepares and recovers patients for procedures in the Cath and EP Labs as well as the Cardiac OR for surgery.
- The average patient volume each day is approximately 60-70 patients.
- The types of procedures that we prepare patients for include but is not limited to: Cardiac Catheterization (interventional and diagnostic), Electrophysiology procedures such as cardiac ablations, Cardioversions, surgery and ICDs/Pacemakers etc.
Demonstrates proficiency in nursing practice for assigned specialty area and provides clinical leadership for the delivery of nursing care in a department. Under the direction of the department manager leads safety and quality initiatives, focuses on and simplifies workflow, and contributes to the development of staff. Increase staff satisfaction and promotes excellent (Gold Standard) customer service.
RN-Bachelor's Level Degree OR
RN-Doctorate Level Degree OR
RN-Master's Level Degree
Required: Nursing - Previous experience
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Registered Nurse
Preferred: Basic Life Support
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
18 months nursing experience required. BSN required; Master degree preferred, if the graduate degree is not in nursing then the BSN is required. Meets any requirements defined by specific specialty. BLS required within 90 days of hire. Professional Specialty Nursing Certification preferred.