As a Budget Analyst, you will perform a wide range of assignments concerned with the primary budget accounts and financial operations of the organization.
These positions are located within the General Services Administration in either the Federal Acquisition Service, Public Buildings Service, or Staff Offices located throughout the United States.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Place to Work' in the Federal Government. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including: Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans); Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from; Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational and health care needs; Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan); Flexible work schedules and telework; Transit and child care subsidies; and Training and development.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
- U.S. Citizenship or National.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year trial period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
Note: The full performance level for these type positions may vary.
- Bargaining Unit Status: Varies
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
- If you are selected for this position at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without further competition in accordance with all applicable regulations. However, promotions are not guaranteed and are dependent on performance.
- GSA does not accept applications or application materials submitted with Government-paid postage.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self-assessment vacancy questions will be used to assign a numerical score. If your responses to the vacancy questions are not supported by your resume then your score may be adjusted lower by the Human Resources Specialist. Scores are not augmented by Veteran's preference points for this type of announcement (Merit Promotion). You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of budget formulation
- Ability to utilize analytical methods to review, evaluate and draw conclusions from data and findings
- Ability to use automated financial systems
- Ability to provide budgetary and financial analysis, guidance, interpretation and recommendations
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Ability to communication orally