Environmental Protection Specialist
THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE POSTING FOR PURPOSES OF ADMINISTERING THE ACWA ASSESSMENT ONLY.
Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
These positions are located within the General Services Administration in either the Federal Acquisition Service, Public Buildings Service, or Staff Offices located throughout the United States.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
· Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
· Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
· Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
· Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
· Flexible work schedules and telework
· Transit and child care subsidies
· Training and development
Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
- U.S. Citizenship or National
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive a favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
The GS-07 salary range starts at $40,033.00 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Salary depends on location.
Bargaining Unit status: Varies by location
GSA does not accept applications or application materials submitted with Government-paid postage.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
If you are selected for this position at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without further competition in accordance with all applicable regulations. However, promotions are not guaranteed and are dependent on performance.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicanRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.