6 days left
- Full Time
THIS IS AN OPEN, CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT: This vacancy remains open until September 29, 2017 with cut-off dates of July 14, 2017, July 28, 2017, August 11, 2017, August 25, 2017, September 8, 2017, September 22, 2017 and September 29, 2917. All qualified applications received by the cut-off dates will be forwarded to the selecting official for review and consideration for the vacancy. A selection may be made at any time during the opening of the announcement.
Selectees may be appointed to these positions under a proposed excepted appointment, which is limited to 3 years and 120 days. Upon completion of this period, you will either be converted to career status or separated based on the expiration of the appointment.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
For more information on the Secret Service click here.
Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - *****
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret clearance. Completion of a single scope background investigation is required before appointment.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- Possess a valid state motor vehicle operator's license and maintain a valid license while you occupy the position.
- Carry and use a firearm. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. You will be ineligible to occupy this position if at any time you have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless you received a pardon or your conviction was expunged or set aside.
- Complete a pre-employment medical examination (including vision, hearing, cardiovascular and mobility of extremities) by an authorized Government physician and be determined physically fit to perform strenuous and physically demanding duties. You will be required to undergo regular physical examinations and to maintain a level of physical fitness in accordance with the standards and policies of this agency.
- In addition, all applicants who are not currently employed in the law enforcement provision of FERS or the Civil Service Retirement System must be less than 40 years of age at the time of entrance on duty. (Unless you have previous service in a Federal Civilian Law Enforcement position covered by special civil service retirement provision, including early or mandatory retirement or are a veteran).
- Successful completion of an 8 week mixed basic training course is required for this position.
- Work requires long hours and extensive physical activity (walking, standing, bending, climbing, lifting and carrying heavy objects), and requires defending oneself and/or others against physical attack(s).
- Work involves high risk of exposure to potentially dangerous situations and hazards inherent in Secret Service Protection.
- Work requires changing shifts, long and irregular hours, weekends, evenings, and holidays and assignments are often changed without prior notice.
GL-8:You qualify at the GL-8 level (starting salary $53,088) if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-7 level performing duties such as: detaining persons and having arrest authority, providing protection for property and facilities, gathering information concerning incidents, accidents and suspicious packages.
Selective Placement Factor: In addition to the minimum qualifications described above, you must meet the following requirement(s) to be considered qualified for the position:
- Applicant must possess a current valid driver’s license. Please indicate license number, state of license, and expiration date.
Qualifications Must Be Met: The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the cut off date of this announcement.
E-Verify Statement: DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Click here to learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
This position will require a credit check after initial job qualifications have been determined.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Knowledge of concepts, policies, practices, methods, protective measures and techniques related to fire and emergency equipment and security techniques and devices.
- Ability to communicate in order to effectively prepare reports, conclusions and make recommendations which are logically organized, objective, clear, and concise.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and resourceful in order to assist in resolving complex security situations.
Order of Consideration – Unranked Order: C.F.R. 302.304 (b)(5)(1): (1) preference eligibles having a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more; followed by (2) other 10-point preference eligibles; (3) 5-point preference eligible; and (4) non-preference eligibles (i.e., non-veterans). For information on veterans' preference, please click here.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not ICTAP eligible. View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under ICTAP, you must be placed in the Well-Qualified category for this position, as described above. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Interview Requirement: Interviews are required for this position. Failure to complete the interview may result in removal from further consideration.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret