Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, Office of Aerospace Medicine, Medical Specialists Division, Aeromedical Standards & Policy Branch (AAM-220)Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
To qualify for this position, you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE equivalent to at least the FV-F (FG/GS-5-9 level) in the Federal service; OR, to qualify based on education see EDUCATIION information listed below. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. To be creditable, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE must have been at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is:
- Experience developing standards for airmen, ATCS, orders and policy of procedures relative to the FAA ATCS programs.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE Applicants may also qualify based on education or a combination of education and experience.
To qualify based on education, applicants must provide evidence of successful completion of a doctoral or equivalent graduate degree; OR have completed 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; OR have a combination of successfully completed graduate level education and specialized experience as described above.
If you are qualifying based on education, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1) As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA section, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will e evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriated based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a human resource specialist as appropriate.
2) This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
3) This Level 1 (Low Risk) position requires favorable adjudication of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) background investigation prior to appointment.
4) Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and/or selective placement factor(s) (SPF) may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) and/or Quality Ranking Factor (QRF) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: (1) score order; (2) category grouping; or (3) alphabetical , and referred to the selecting official for selection consideration.
5) AFSCME Interview Criteria: Article 42, Section 13 states: If the selecting official decides to interview any employee on the selection list for a vacancy, then all who remain under consideration for the position at that point in the process must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement.
6) This announcement is also advertised as AWA-AAM-17-0123TY-54302 as Current and Former Federal. Please check both announcements to determine if you are eligible to apply.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire