Executive Director of Finance and HR - CHSS
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Executive Director of Finance and HR - CHSS
The George Mason University College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) seeks an experienced financial management professional to serve as Executive Director of Finance and Human Resources (HR) - CHSS. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Executive Director of Finance and HR provides overall leadership, supervision and management of CHSS financial operations, budget development and human resources. The position oversees E&G fund management, post-award activities, as well as joint ventures, and a variety of complex internal financial arrangements.
The largest college at Mason, CHSS manages an annual operating expense budget of approximately $82 million with over 550 full-time faculty and staff. The college has 21 academic departments and programs (enrolling about 7,700 majors) and more than 450 active cost centers. The CHSS Finance and HR Office has eight staff positions including the Director (five individuals report directly to the Director).
- Oversee budget preparation and the availability of financial and HR reports; and provide tools for college departments, programs, centers and grant awardees to manage more efficiently and surface financial issues as soon as possible;
- Provide hands-on analysis, evaluation, tracking of commitments, and reporting for joint ventures;
- Oversee hiring of more than 4,500 temporary employee assignments annually, allocation of graduate support and waivers, and hiring of permanent faculty and staff;
- Provide timely expense forecasts and various financial information ad hoc;
- Work collaboratively with CHSS deans and central university administration to facilitate financial, administrative and personnel actions; and resolve problems to ensure compliance with applicable university policies and procedures; and
- Routinely work with department chairs and directors to provide guidance in finance and HR areas, and to monitor expenditures and enrollment.
- Expert knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, budget planning, evaluation, execution, personnel, payroll and financial reporting;
- Demonstrated ability in promoting a team approach to efficiently carry out the functions of the CHSS Finance and HR office;
- Ability to utilize systems on a variety of platforms and to provide analyses of high volume of data;
- Advanced degree in business, accounting or CPA; and
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working in public accounting;
- More than 10 years of experience with senior management in a complex environment;
- MS Excel expertise; and
- Experience in higher education.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA80Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :