Software and Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
7 days left
- Full Time
ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) has embarked on a pioneering effort to develop a learning healthcare system in oncology. This system, CancerLinQ, (www.cancerlinq.org) aggregates data from the day to day care of cancer patients to improve the quality of care and improve health outcomes of all patients with cancer. We are looking for a smart and talented software engineer and senior software engineer to join us in our fight against cancer using big data technologies. These positions can be based in Alexandria, VA or San Francisco, CA.
· A hands-on software development role within a small development team
· Work with other technical members and partners to deliver on the vision of CancerLinQ
· Work with the Products team to define requirements and then translate those requirements into well designed software components along with unit tests
· Develop key components of the data pipeline that brings in clinical data about patients from the practice into CancerLinQ
· Ensure the highest level of quality in all the software that is delivered
· Document and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
· Ensure scalability of the platform with sound design principles as the data volumes grow
· Bachelors or Masters in computer science or equivalent educational background
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Exposure to scalable “big data” platforms using AWS S3, Redshift, and Apache Spark
· Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools like git and JIRA
· Experience with tools and techniques for data transformation, ETL, data normalization and standardization of clinical data.
· Exposure to data standards in Healthcare IT like HL7, CDA, CCD, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD 10
Additional Requirements for Senior Software Engineer:
· 7+ years of software development experience
· Experience with design and architecture of scalable “big data” platforms using AWS S3, Redshift, and Apache Spark.
· Understanding of and experience with machine learning, predictive analytics and data mining
· Exposure to open source NLP technologies that can extract structured data from unstructured clinical notes and reports.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is a professional oncology society headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia with nearly 35,000 members worldwide committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care. ASCO has more than 300 dedicated full-time staff to manage its growing number of programs, services, and interests in cancer public health issues. (www.asco.org).
This position offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Apply for Software and Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly