International Healthcare Quality Program Manager
Do you want to use your program planning and logistics skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has a new and exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated International Healthcare Quality Program Manager to join our growing Clinical Affairs Department and assume a lead role in administering, managing, and promoting ASCO international quality-related programs as part of our expanded offerings. Over the coming years, this collaboration will contribute significantly to quality and safety in cancer care globally.
What you will do:
- Manage and develop internationally focused materials, set up meetings and calls with interested international oncology practices, plan for associated events, and handle logistics including travel coordination
- Promote and manage the building of strategic partnerships and implementation of new outreach programs, involve subject matter experts and internal staff, and promote ASCO quality program initiatives and goals
- Provide support and oversight to ASCO’s International Quality Taskforce including the coordination and scheduling of meetings and conference calls, developing agendas and summaries, assembling presentation materials, managing the nomination process, writing reports, and administering expense report processing and travel arrangements for quality international volunteers
- Establish guidelines, procedures, best practices, and create workflows for the implementation of international outreach programs, activities, and projects
- Develop communications pieces and templates to encompass program trends, new developments, escalated issues, and key measurement data; understand and anticipate under-met or unmet constituent needs.
- Track revenues, expenditures, to ensure all operations are within budget; and have a key role in the preparation of the annual budget
What you will need in order to be successful:
- A college degree in a health, science, or an education-related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of program management and/or program administration experience with a focus on events/meetings/conference planning
- Flexibility to travel outside the US to attend meetings and workshops
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; and an openness to embracing new technology
- Superior communication skills; including oral, written, and listening
- Strong attention to detail, analytical with the ability to see the big picture and anticipate needs in advance, and focused on quality control
- Able to manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Ability to collect and analyze information and create reports with key measurement data
- Ability to develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
- Knowledge of and experience working with other cultures
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Working knowledge of a second language, with fluency in written, and conversational Spanish is a plus
- Previous experience working with professional volunteers and/or committee members
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Global Studies
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply for International Healthcare Quality Program Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly