SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Membership Coordinator to join our Healthcare & Scientific Industry Practice in Washington, D.C. The Healthcare & Scientific unit offers unmatched association expertise and specific knowledge of the issues, challenges and actions distinctive to the changing healthcare environment.
The Membership Coordinator will be dedicated to supporting a high-profile client in the professional healthcare education space. This role is highly active in the oversight of multiple committees, the management of various award programs and general membership-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in his or her career and work with a passionate and supportive team.
What You Will Do
- Serve as liaison to multiple association committees, subcommittees and task forces, with responsibility for liaising with committee chairs and members, coordinating meetings/conference calls and, most importantly, moving forward and seeing through various action items
- Oversee and implement client award programs, from beginning to end
- Coordinate and assist with member volunteer activities at meetings and events
- Coordinate and execute the membership renewal program and work with the marketing team to identify opportunities to market and promote membership
- With the executive director and manager, review monthly financial statements and participate in the development of the annual budget, monthly financial forecasting and annual audit activities
- Assist with website content management; maintain and update the client website
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You are a self-starter that is adaptable to changing situations
- You enjoy a fast-paced workplace with a blended environment offering both autonomy and collaboration
- You have a demonstrated history of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- You exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- You demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- You have the ability to travel 5-10%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant professional experience
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or association environment is preferred
- Previous experience in budget management and forecasting is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus
- Experience with ConstantContact and general content management systems is plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.