Temporary Reference Librarian - Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
- Answers reference and research questions posed by students, faculty, and other library users at designated service points and via virtual reference systems.
- Determines patron’s research needs and identifies and locates appropriate information sources.
- Instructs patrons in the use of online and print sources to identify relevant research material.
- Recommends alternative approaches and as necessary directs patrons to subject specialists within or sources beyond the University Library.
- Conducts personalized in-depth research consultations for writers of dissertations, capstones, theses, major papers, or term projects.
The School of Continuing Studies (SCS) is a dynamic enterprise with a widely distributed student body coming from broadly varied backgrounds. The incumbent will be versed in providing research assistance through traditional and virtual service points. Works with all students, faculty, staff, and community users in person, by phone, e-mail, and virtually. SCS students are sophisticated professionals with many demands on their time. Faculty members are experts and practitioners in their fields. Both constituencies will expect highly efficient, responsive, and polished delivery of library services.
Required: M.L.S. and at least three years of reference and instructional experience in an academic, special, or research library with demonstrated knowledge with research in the social sciences and business-related disciplines.
Schedule: Two to four evenings per week, beginning as soon as possible and extending through December 2017.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to Talor Struckmann at firstname.lastname@example.org