- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of capacity resources for computers at the operating system and infrastructure level. Builds, configures, troubleshoots and integrates new and existing servers to provide service enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades. Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum server uptime and availability for the customers. Responsible for monitoring performance and system usage. Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems and disk configurations. Conducts system analysis and supports development to keep systems current with changing technologies. Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold or be able to attain a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.