Manager of Cath and EP Lab
Sentara Heart Hospital is seeking a full-time Nurse Manager to run our Cardiac Diagnostic Center.
$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
- Employee Satisfaction: Hampton Road's chosen Employer of Choice for over 10 years
- Stability: 125 plus years of no company layoffs.
- Career Growth: Position is open due to an internal promotion.
- Innovation: Highly progressive 112-bed quaternary care facility with 45 pre- and post-procedural rooms dedicated to improving safety, quality and health every day.
- Market: Sentara Heart Hospital is the #2 Cardiology & Heart Surgery Center in Virginia and #24 in the nation for best heart programs.
- Nursing Excellence: The region's first Magnet® recognized hospital.
- Location: We are located in the Hampton Roads area surrounded by beaches, historic landmarks dating as far back as the Revolutionary War of 1776, top rated school systems, and seven cities full of life, events, and celebration.
- The manager will be responsible for the Cardiac Cath Lab and Electrophysiology Lab and currently separate departments.
- The Cardiac Cath Lab has five rooms. We perform up to 3,000 interventional cath procedures and 9,000 diagnostic cath procedures a year. The Cath Lab also has a minor procedures room.
- The EP Lab as four rooms. We perform up to 4,000 EP procedures a year.
- Total number of employees: Roughly 40 to 50 employees.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's in Nursing and an active Registered Nurse license.
- Prefer candidates with experience in Cath and EP.
Assume responsibility and accountability for operations and success of assigned areas. Areas of responsibility are high volume and or have significant strategic and financial impact on current and future success of Sentara Healthcare. Responsible for coordination of the delivery of high quality services that meets or exceed customer expectations. Coordinates the day to day operations, contributes to the success of the hospitals through achievement of system, hospital, and divisional goals. Provides leadership and administers human resource policies and practices in a multi-skilled, multi-functional environment.
Bachelor's Level Degree
Required: Supervisory - 1 year
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Communication, Complex Problem Solving, Judgment and Decision Making, Leadership, Mgmt of Financial Resources, Mgmt of Staff Resources, Operation and Control, Social Perceptiveness
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section belowOther
Registered Nurse or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist preferred.
BSN required for RN applicants.