Operations Research Analyst
Assistant Administrator for NextGen, NAS Systems Engineering & Integration Office, Systems Analysis & Modeling Division, NextGen Business Case & Modeling Branch, ANG-B71Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
To view the complete qualification standard, applicants should reference – U.S. Office of Personnel Management the Individual Occupational Requirements for Operations Research Series, 1515.
Basic Requirement: To qualify for this position, you must have a degree in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
In addition to the above, to quality for this position at the payband K, you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the FV-J or GS/FG-14 in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
Specialized experience may include but is not limited to: experience as a technical lead or subject matter expert performing operational and benefit analyses for air transportation or similar complex programs or portfolio of programs; experience in mathematical modeling and statistical analyses for complex data sets.
APPLICANTS SHOULD INCLUDE EXAMPLES OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE IN THEIR WORK HISTORY.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
THIS POSITION HAS A POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT. If you are not currently working for the Federal Government in the 1515 (Operations Research Analyst) series OR have never held a position in the Federal Government in the 1515 series, you must submit a copy of your transcripts prior to the closing date of this announcement. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION. If you cannot upload your transcripts to your application, please fax a copy to 609-485-8995 to the attention of Mary Ann Quinn and reference the announcement number on the FAX. IF SELECTED, OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT. If you do not have an official transcript (original with a raised seal) you should request it today. Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website: .www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA), in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or priority grouping and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
3. All, some or none of the applicants may be interviewed.
4. Selection may be made from this announcement or announcement number ACT-ANG-17-MAQB71-54316.
5. You may also be considered for this vacancy based on eligibility under the 30% or More Disabled Veteran Program, Veterans’ Recruitment Appointment, and Persons with Disabilities/Persons with Targeted Disabilities. To be considered for one of these special hiring authorities, you must identify your eligibility in your questionnaire in the Applicant-Preferred Conditions of Employment section. In addition, you must submit documentation that provides evidence of eligibility as indicated in the "Required Documents" section of the announcement.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire