Chief Financial Officer
2 Senior Accountants (GL), Senior Accountant (AP/Payroll), Accounts Receivable Manager
Accounts Payable Assistant, AR Accountant – PAC, Senior Accountant (GL)
Summary: The Controller leads the day-to-day accounting operations and supervises a team of seven staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. The Controller also ensures that AAJ has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of AAJ’s financial status.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board’s audit and budget committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Maintain internal control and safeguard receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate annual insurance renewal.
- Direct financial audits, serve as primary contact for auditors while on site and oversee preparation of audit financial statements and footnotes.
- Oversee preparation of tax schedules for completing Form 990 and related schedules.
- Assist AAJ’s leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate.
- BS degree in accounting, with CPA certificate required;
- Minimum five years progressive computerized financial accounting, taxation, budget and supervisory experience;
- Must be a self-starter with non-profit experience;
- Strong computer skills with experience implementing financial software systems;
- Strong knowledge of financial practices and procedures; experience with public accounting a plus.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to (202) 333-2861; or mail to AAJ HR Dept, 777 6th St, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20001. EOE
Apply for Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly