Clinical Research Coordinator Nurse - TBI
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is hiring a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator Nurse with traumatic brain injury experience to join the DVBIC team. DVBIC is the traumatic brain injury (TBI) operational component of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE). Founded in 1992 by Congress, DVBIC's responsibilities have grown as its network of care and treatment sites has grown.
The Clinical Research Coordinator Nurse will perform clinical research and patient treatment in conjunction with a specified clinical research protocol(s). This individual will educate and interview patients regarding research studies.
- Performs clinical research and patient treatment in conjunction with a specified clinical research protocol.
- Educates the patients and their families on the research protocol and what the patient responsibilities are.
- Recruits and interviews patients to collect data on health history and lifestyle practices.
- Reviews new patient records and screens patients for eligibility for participating in research protocol.
- Administers appropriate drugs to patients as necessary.
- Draws blood and obtains other specimens as required.
- Identifies problems in the research design or analysis methodology and trends in patient reactions to treatment.
- Collects, organizes, catalogs, disseminates, and maintains appropriate files of current data.
- Maintains weekly/monthly status reports on all patients.
- Schedules patient visits/evaluations/examinations, follow-up or repeat visits/evaluations/examinations, treatments, and laboratory tests required by the protocol.
- Communicates with the Department of Clinical Investigation (DCI) and other appropriate departments and/or institutions ensuring compliance with regulatory affairs and requirements of relevance to the Institutional Review Boards (IRB), as requested.
- Adheres to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- May develop and maintain regulatory documentation related to clinical investigations
- May analyze and interpret data.
- Assist in the development of reports and presents clinical results at local and national meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of research articles for publication in scientific journals.
Must have knowledge of procedures and techniques necessary for performing research tasks; ability to learn and become proficient in data acquisition and clinical responsibilities related to research protocols; excellent interpersonal skills. S/he must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Master's preferred.
- Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain clinical. Basic Life Support Training: All contract psychologists must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for basic life support (BLS) through an American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program. BLS shall be renewed every two years. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- 4 to 6 years nursing experience with at least 2 years in TBI clinical research care. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen / Must be able to obtain a National Security Clearance
For personal service employees, the employee must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands, or any US territory that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.