ERG is seeking a motivated energy engineer with a passion to effect change in the built environment. This position will provide on-site engineering and technical support in a dynamic team approach for a federal agency located in Arlington, VA and will serve as a key member of the Energy Program Team. The overall mission of the Energy Program is to develop, implement, and promote energy conservation, energy efficiency, energy resilience, and sustainability through creative solutions, in accordance with Executive Order 13693, the Energy Security and Independence Act of 2007 and other federal mandates and policies.
Responsibilities and activities for the Energy Engineer may include:
- Developing agency-level and installation-level energy master plans and energy policies.
- Managing implementation of energy projects and initiatives.
- Conducting energy audits, including but not limited to data collection tool development, on-site surveys, staff interviews, energy analysis, energy modeling, savings calculations, cost estimation, life cycle cost analysis, and technical report writing.
- Researching, monitoring, and evaluating emerging technologies and innovative approaches towards energy conservation and renewable energy.
- Identifying and correcting systematic deficiencies of control strategies.
- Commissioning and recommissioning of facility systems and equipment.
- Maintaining and advancing the facility metering system.
- Managing and analyzing large data sets derived from building automation systems, advanced metering systems, and utility bills.
- Developing strategies to reduce utility costs through innovative billing approaches, such as demand response, virtual PPAs, and peak load management.
- Reviewing design and construction drawings to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and sustainability requirements.
- Assisting with development and synthesis of decision briefs for senior management.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar technical degree. MS degree a plus. EIT/PE and CEM/EMIT preferred. Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in energy management, energy auditing, energy efficiency, performance contracting, commissioning, controls, facility engineering, or MEP design.
- Working knowledge of building systems, e.g., lighting, lighting controls, HVAC, motors, VFDs, controls, chillers, boilers, cogeneration, and data centers. Experience with energy modeling software, such as EnergyPlus or eQUEST, a plus.
- Self-motivated, adaptive learner in a changing environment and able to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong team player and motivator with ability to foster cooperation and make decisions with groups of government and consulting team members.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with advanced Excel functions, Excel macros, Access, or other data management software a plus.
- This work requires a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. Candidates must be able to obtain this clearance; active security clearance a plus.
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, FSAs, a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, an EAP, paid overtime, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com. An EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.