With a wide range of knowledge, evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, and perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune and sets standards for all aspects of Networking. Maintain a complex range of computer network components and systems. Plans and coordinates computer network initiatives. Researches, evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies. Design solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients. Works with other Special Operations network professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration. Required Skills
- CCNA required DoD 8570 IAT Level II requiredExperience with Cisco ASA Firewall administration and IDS/IPS modulesExperience configuring and troubleshooting IPSec and SSL VPNs Expert level knowledge of the OSI model, common network protocols, TCP/UDP ports, and common network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, wireshark, etc)Ability to troubleshoot multi-vendor network issues in the LAN/WAN and work with multiple teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issuesUnderstanding of the Cisco UCS integrated infrastructure and Flexpod Data Center solutionsHas full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations.Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex networking problemsExcellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow throughMust be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problemsDetail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessmentsMust closely follow network protocols and methodologyReviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modificationsREQUIRES Part-time deployment. Please speak to recruiter for details.
- CCNP preferred
- Military experience preferred
- ITIL V3 certification preferred
- Experience with Cisco Nexus products preferred
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures and diagrams