Dynamic Senior Accountant
Sparks Group, in a long-standing partnership with an international non-profit organization, is seeking a Senior Accountant for a contract role in Washington, DC. In this role, you will have the pleasure of working with colleagues who are passionate about the organization’s mission and vision in a fantastic working environment. The NPO is in a great location that is metro-accessible and situated near lots of dining and entertainment options.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the processing, accounting and reporting of functions related to Accounts Payable Operations in addition to assisting with payroll processing. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable process, ensuring compliance with government and company policies
- Review, code, enter and process vendor invoices and expense reports
- Prepare and process vendor payments
- Maintain the vendor master files and create vendor purchase orders
- Assist with account reconciliation and analysis
- Support the month-end and year-end close activities
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (1099, W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Assist with the timely and accurate bi-monthly processing of payroll
- Process employee deductions including garnishments, charitable contributions, etc.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- CPA or CPA-candidate is highly preferred
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time & Expense and Microsoft Excel is required
- Strong knowledge on US GAAP
- Experience in a non-profit setting with a solid understanding of indirect rate structure is desired
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group at 703-821-2650 for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!