Business Intelligence Analyst/Report Writer
The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) is looking for an individual with three years of related work experience to join our IT Department. This individual will be responsible for the development and maintenance of ASTRO’s business intelligence practice. Using modern business intelligence tools and data visualization techniques within a Microsoft SQL Server environment, the Business Intelligence Analyst/Report Writer will build a business intelligence practice from the ground up, starting with the conversion of all crystal reports to SSRS. In addition, the incumbent will continue to devise ways to mine, understand and better utilize the data behind our business. Major responsibilities will include creating and developing Business Intelligence (BI) reports and dashboards; converting existing Crystal Reports to SSRS reports for both web and desktop applications; working with cross functional teams and key business users to understand business issues and gather BI requirements; creating, maintaining, and optimizing SSRS reports; troubleshooting and diagnosing issues of stability and performance of BI applications, including SQL query performance and report generation responsiveness; providing end user support for database/reporting applications; recommending data quality improvement processes; producing ad hoc reports; supporting the business in making data driven decisions; and creating how-to guides, training documentation, and conducting learning sessions with users of BI tools to improve user adoption and usage of a BI environment.
Qualified candidates will have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 3 years of related work experience
- Experience with SQL Server Database (Versions 2008 R2 or higher) design and development including optimization of queries, creating tables, views, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Business/System/Data Analysis and Improvement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Familiar with BI tools including Power BI
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Outstanding communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid.
- 401K with immediate company contribution.
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually.
- 12 Paid Holidays.
- Employer subsidized commuter benefits.
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance.
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO. We are an equal/affirmative action employer.