Desktop System Administraor (VIP Support Team)
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide the infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the facilities. This contract position is responsible for managing and maintaining high availability and uptime for a Federal agency's systems and services. The right candidate will manage the Operations Tier II Support team and manage end-to-end support for the combined production environments on a 24x7 basis. Provide command and control of enterprise outages, identify and notify the incident coordinator, perform troubleshooting and support incidents as required (e.g., critical system outages, critical network outages, critical application outages, critical system outage, security events, and emergency patch management). This leader manages teams performing monitoring, supporting a variety of devices (server/network), applications, databases, networks and VOIP services. The role requires guiding a highly technical staff supporting Windows, LINUX, and UNIX production servers and network devices. S/He will focus on building a high-performing team driven to consistency, operations excellence and superior customer service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas including personal computer/client server support, systems programming, applications design and development, database design and administration, information security, telecommunications and network support and administration.
2. Develops schedules, assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines and manage multiple shifts.
3. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
4. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology assigned as well as a working knowledge of incident management, Remedy Trouble Ticketing and ITIL V3 / ISO are desired. Experience managing blade servers, CISCO routers, EMC and Netapps storage is also desired.
7 Participates in special projects as required.
8. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems with technologies such as Microsoft Windows 2003, EMC SANs, Exchange 2003 Enterprise Monitoring systems such as HP OpenView, SCCM, BMC and networking.
9. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
10. Sets up administrator and service accounts using: Active Directory, User Group maintenance, Security and Configuration Management, User data restoration, Sever data restoration.
11. Maintains system documentation
12. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products to support software and hardware transitions to include software installs hardware/software troubleshooting.
13. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
14. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
15. May program in an administrative language.
16. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
17. Provides advice and training to end-users and team members by providing input, either written or verbal, to program deliverables including, but not limited to trade studies, white-papers, vendor presentations, and hardware and software requirements to support internal customers and "other" services.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related information systems experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of both information technology and business issues.
2. Comprehensive knowledge and awareness of current information technology products, services, and solutions.
3. Effective supervisory skills.
4. Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in systems administration and support.
5. Advanced knowledge of related hardware and software.
6. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.