Principal Analyst, Database
General Dynamics Information Technology is a top-tier IT integrator that provides information technology, systems engineering and professional services to customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, Federal Civil and commercial sectors. With 16,000 professionals worldwide, the company has the customer knowledge, domain expertise, and proven performance to manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs. The Principal Database Analyst will provide senior level Database system administration work as well as provide leadership to junior administrators. The successful Principal Database Analyst will be able to leverage personal talent and experiences, Knowledge Articles, and advanced technical staff to resolve a multitude of cloud platform issues. Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Build, Manage, and Maintain the GDIT Cloud and Customer Database environments Maintain high level security posture within the overall Database environment. Document response and resolution processes for team compliance; develop training content to educate junior staff Perform system analysis and create reports to display trends and overall statistics based on correlated security incidents and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports Provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced technical staff members Act as a primary interface to business users for high level IT support issues Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or escalate software, hardware, security, and network issues Extend personal capabilities through local training, reading, and technical project work
- Comprehensive knowledge with Windows SQL Server configuration, administration, management and monitoring Experience with FedRAMP compliance, DISA STIGs Advanced troubleshooting skills in networking and storage management Experience working in a process-oriented workflow environment; ITIL experience preferred Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures Experience with anti-virus tools, event management, log correlation engines, and compliance scanners Professional verbal and written communication skills required, capable of contributing to Knowledge Management Ability to react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment Experience supporting large enterprise IT environments Experience creating, modifying, and following standard procedural documents Knowledge of the Cherwell Service Management platform desiredAbility to work off-shift hours and conduct senior level on-call duties when required.
- SQL Database Administration
- Various technical disciplines including but not limited to security, server administration, active directory, group policy, firewalls, load balancing, switching and routing.
- Virtual tools and infrastructure
- Network support and communications troubleshooting
- Enterprise network tool management and configuration
- Customer issue resolution and support