7 days left
- Full Time
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages. Responsible for creating the design, development and testing of complex and efficient programming and analytic code, as well as technical support and subject matter expertise related to specified health care programming & analytic activities, projects and deliverables:
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents mainframe-resident and client/server applications programs.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Gathers and/or clarifying business and technical requirements with data requestors.
- Provides technical and analytic input to analytic team.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related computer programming experience.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in computer programming.
- Proficiency in the use of SAS and/or Oracle PL/SQL or equivalent software tools.
- Professional SAS Certification(s) preferred.
- Related experience in analytic programming, data extraction, querying databases/data warehouses and data analysis.
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicare claims preferred.
- Programming experience with analysis in the healthcare industry preferred.