Medical Tech II, Microbiology - PT, 20hrs
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Current American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) certification as Medical Laboratory Scientist (generalist), Medical Technologist, Microbiology Medical Laboratory Scientist, or Microbiology Medical Technologist, with participation in ASCP Certification Maintenance Program (CMP) or AMT Certification Continuation Program (CCP)
2. Can consider previously certified medical technologists (generalists), who met credentialing requirements from Department of Health, Education & Welfare (HEW certified MT), and who meet required minimum knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this notice, possess at least five (5) years of recent and continuous work experience in clinical microbiology, and participate in one of above listed certification maintenance programs.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology (Medical Technology), or biological, chemical, or related science, and satisfactory completion of clinical laboratory educational rotation.
2. Bachelor's Degree from regionally accredited college or university, including courses in biological science, chemistry and mathematics, and successful completion of National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) accredited medical technologist program.
3. Bachelor's Degree from regionally accredited college or university, including 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of chemistry, one semester (one quarter hour) of mathematics, and one (1) year of full-time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology, and/or clinical microscopy within last ten years; clinical rotations or professional experience must be under supervision of pathologist certified by American Board of Pathology (ABP), or appropriately board certified medical scientist and medical technologist.
4. Minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience in clinical laboratory setting, which must include at least three (3) years of technical experience in clinical microbiology setting; experience in Serology/Immunology, Molecular Diagnostics or TB/Mycology testing, or willingness to develop these skills, preferred.
5. Strong knowledge of laboratory methodologies, interpretation of results, quality assurance, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations preferred.
6. Ability to work in harmony with other personnel.
7. Demonstrates basic computer literacy.
8. Demonstrates comprehension, skill and command of oral and written English.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.