Senior Customer Solutions Engineer
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17087.Customer Solutions Engineering
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position applies system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization, which help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. A Customer Solutions Engineer helps identify customer needs then designs technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and customer perceived risks. The CSE supports technical relationship with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
You must have the following to be considered for this role:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a similar discipline with at least three years of relevant experience including at least one year of experience in satellite ground segment and related terrestrial equipment; equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Advance knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory, required.
- Advance knowledge of digital satellite network architectures, required.
- Basic knowledge of broadcast video distribution technologies, required.
- Advanced IP networking knowledge required, with willingness to obtain as a minimum Cisco Network Design Certification (CCDA).
- Ability to make optimal decisions working with diverse Intelsat internal and external customers under real time conditions.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, up to 20%.
- Effective English language skills, both written and oral.
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships, both internally and externally, so that customer experiences Intelsat's Technical and Operational Excellence.
- Work with all levels of customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
- Perform communications system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and the Intelsat strategies.
- Support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management team and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.