Account Manager (Food Service Association Sales)
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an Account Manager (Food Service Association Sales) to join our Sales Services team in Chicago or Washington D.C. Our sales professionals manage every facet and detail of the sales process to drive growth for our client organizations through the sales of their assets. Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to identify the proper sales strategies to ensure that the organization has a diversified revenue stream that grows annually. Among our services are sales of exhibits and sponsorships at tradeshows; year-round partner programs; and a range of a la carte offerings (print/electronic advertising; website banner ads; regional conferences; and other products as identified by the organization). Our Sales Services team members have access to a competitive base salary with an uncapped bonus plan with on-target earning potential of 15 percent of base salary.
The Account Manager (Food Service Association Sales) will be 100 percent dedicated to one food service association client, with responsibility for bringing in $1.3M+ in annual sales through a variety of revenue streams. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a blend of account management/long-term relationship building as well as new business development.
What You Will Do
- Use systems, applications, processes and other resources to maximize revenue and growth for our client organizations
- Strive toward constant database development, including but not limited to, identification of target companies and influencers/decision makers; cold calling; qualifying prospects; and researching complimentary business markets to add to the contact database
- Consistently close sales prospects
- Prepare activity and forecast reports for tracking sales progress against goals
- Work in a team environment to ensure that the sales collateral represents the offerings to be sold
- Build strong and lasting relationships with targeted companies/organizations through the use of phone calls and e-mails
- Attend client or competing events, as needed, to pre-sell for future events and/or build business relationships
- Work on simultaneous goals/priorities for multiple client deliverables effectively and efficiently
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You are passionate about food/cooking, sales and the overall client experience
- You have a consultative sales approach with strong listening skills
- You have demonstrated success in building relationships over the phone, via e-mail and in a face-to-face setting
- You have a knack for prospecting and developing leads, to include probing skills to identify key decision makers
- You have the ability to travel up to 35%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant sales and/or account management experience, to include experience in food service sales or related field
- Tradeshow exhibit booth, advertising and/or sponsorship sales experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.