Physical Therapist Assistant, Joint Base Andrews, MD
Outstanding Physical Therapist Assistant Opportunity at Joint Base Andrews, MD
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Joint Base Andrews and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday - Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call! NO Holidays!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays! 5 Paid Family Days!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide a full range of physical therapy assistant services, including the services given below, as directed by the supervising physical therapist.
* Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the head physical therapist. Under supervision, administer such treatment as exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs and traction. Instruct patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
* Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities, such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
* Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
* Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
* Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs. Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients. Act as a liaison with nursing, medical staff, and other therapists to facilitate problem solving and coordination of services. Act as educational resource.
* Perform administrative duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, filling out forms, scheduling patients, and staffing the reception area.
* Maintain and care for department equipment and supplies and storage. Maintain department records and fi les in accordance with facility policies. Perform coding of patient encounters and workload.
* Measure patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist physical therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
* Monitor treatments administered by physical therapy aides.
* Education: Graduation from a physical therapy assistant program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
* Licensure: A current, valid State License as a Physical Therapy Assistant in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands. (License is required unless the state uses certification or registration in lieu of licensure as provided by the American Physical Therapy Association at www.apta.org).
* Experience: Have at least 12 months experience within the last 36 as a physical therapist assistant.
* Certification: Current BLS certification required (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Services shall be provided between the hours of 0700 – 1600, Monday through Friday. A one hour unpaid break will be given during the shift as determined by the clinic.
* Staff will support both locations for Joint Base Andrews and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. PTA’s will be working in an outpatient orthopedic clinic.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com
Apply for Physical Therapist Assistant, Joint Base Andrews, MD
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly