Production Art Editor
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is seeking a Production Art Editor to oversee screening images submitted to a fast-paced scientific journal. The Production Art Editor will screen art for adherence to journal policies, work with authors to obtain high-quality figures suitable for publication, document/track issues with manuscripts, and other administrative duties. The Production Art Editor will also examine images to detect alteration or manipulation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes technical editing of figures for all the Society’s publications in accordance with established workflow and style guidelines.
- Ensures that all figures are published with the highest quality and ethical standards while maintaining quotas and evaluates file quality according to established technical/style guidelines.
- Counsels and guides Authors, Peer Review and Publications staff in the technical requirements for figure creation, submission and publication.
- Maintains or increases the quality and usability of submitted digital figure files.
- Expedites Author and Editorial corrections, including delivery of new files and updating on-line database for all publications.
- Examines and evaluates accepted artwork for possible figure manipulation prior to export into production, using specialized digital software as necessary.
- Archives all edited artwork, and ensures that all equipment and tools are performing at highest level and archived data is available for publications support.
- Collaborates and participates in workflow and procedural meetings with the Manager, Publishing Issues.
Positions may be reassigned and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, Studio/Graphic Arts preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of combined relevant work and/or internship experience.
- Experience with art for print production required.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to multi-task and to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a problem-solver to investigate and trouble-shoot any image irregularity
- Must be able to work on short deadlines and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Experience working with scientific imaging systems or scientific images a plus
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
For more information about ASBMB, please visit: www.asbmb.org