The Digital Director is responsible for the creation and implementation of a digital strategy to increase online visibility and engagement with BrightFocus. The Director should be a strong project manager to lead the execution of an integrated digital plan across the Foundation’s multiple digital platforms. With guidance from the Vice President, Public Affairs, the Director supervises the work of digital team members who specialize in website, social media, and graphic design.
- Work with Vice President, Public Affairs and other members of BrightFocus’ senior leadership team to develop, implement, and refine a long-term digital strategy that advances Foundation-wide priorities.
- Lead day-to-day implementation of digital strategy, including supervising digital team members.
- Manage all online platforms, including website and social media accounts.
- Manage production, scheduling, and delivery of digital campaigns, integrating goals of diverse stakeholders and leading strategic decision-making for audience selection and segmentation.
- Manage digital fundraising campaigns and processes, in coordination with Development team.
- Track and interpret performance metrics for digital campaigns and properties to measure effectiveness.
- Lead point of contact and manager for multiple vendors providing services and assistance on digital projects.
- Develop annual budgets for digital programs and closely monitor monthly billing.
- Work closely with Public Affairs team members on generating content for digital use.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow and strategically manage e-mail lists to increase fundraising and engagement.
- Create and implement overall strategy and planning to fundraising and engagement goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in digital communications, including campaign planning, social media, and website creation and maintenance.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects and integrate the goals of diverse stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience supervising professional staff members.
- Proven experience in effectively managing external vendors, budgets, and billing.
- Strong experience managing the collection and analysis of key digital data, including preparing progress reports for organization’s leaders Success in growing traffic to digital platforms and increasing conversions.
- Track record of success in growing and strategically managing e-mail lists.
- Experience in growing digital audience through advertising campaigns, including Facebook ads and Google adwords.
- Strong working knowledge of compelling digital images and video.
- Ability and agility to lead and drive a comprehensive digital communication and outreach program based on priorities and data performance.
- Proven ability to synthesize both short-and long-term planning.
- Capacity for solving problems and exhibiting grace under pressure.
- A “team-first” approach that puts mission ahead of individual recognition.
- Inspires confidence, enthusiasm, and trust from colleagues.
- Unwavering integrity and the highest level of ethics.
- Flexibility and good sense of humor.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to email@example.com with “DIGITAL DIRECTOR” in the Subject line for consideration.
BrightFocus is committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal opportunity. In accordance with applicable laws, it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to any legally-protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.