Assistant Manager, Individual Giving & Campaigns
7 days left
- Full Time
The Assistant Manager, Individual Giving and Campaigns works with the Manager of Individual Giving and Campaigns in the planning, coordination, and execution of the Capital Campaign. This includes research, cultivation and acquisition of new and current prospects. The incumbent manages his/her time efficiently, anticipates the needs of the Manager, along with the Director if Individual Campaigns and the Senior Vice President of Development, and takes initiative to advance campaign strategies.
Duties and Responsibility:
100% Provide support to the Manager of Individual Giving and Campaigns, Director of Individual Campaigns, and Senior Vice President for all tasks surrounding the Capital Campaign including:
- Prepare donor and strategy research projects in support of Campaign goals;
- Work with all Devo managers and directors to facilitate communication for every facet of the Campaign.
- Prepare timely and accurate written donor communication to include solicitation letters, gift agreements, and tax receipts
- Track existing gifts to ensure timely invoicing
- Prepare support documents to facilitate communications within the building and with the Board
- Liaison with Legal and Finance offices for all new gift agreements
- Schedule travel, meetings, and events in support of the Campaign
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum two to three years development or related experience required.
- Working knowledge of the performing arts is preferred.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- The Superior and professional organizational, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Careful attention to detail and awareness of standard accounting procedures.
- Ability to foresee development needs, generate work for this position, and multitask efficiently.
- A clear understanding of the Kennedy Center mission, and an understanding of the ways in which a fundraising operation works within a large and complex institution.
- Ability to deftly manage many relationships and personality types - both internal among staff members, and external among constituents.
- Ability and confidence to work with moderate supervision.
- Experience with Tessitura is ideal.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.
For consideration apply online at www.kennedy-center.org/jobs .