Network Administrator - Secret - Afghanistan
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. May be sole technician on-site, will be required to interact with local customers, provide wide range of customer support, as required. Will be expected to cross-train with other team members to provide interim Desktop Support, Systems Administration, Cryptographic support, and SATCOM support.
14. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
15. Must have comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
16. Must have comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
17. Must have comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
18. Will be required to load and configure cryptographic devices. Will be required to assume COMSEC Custodian duties.
19. Produces and updates documentation, to include, but not limited to, technical briefings, diagrams, processes, and procedures.
20. Will be required to brief technical issues to counterparts and senior military leadership.
21. Must possess and maintain a US Top Secret Security Clearance.
22. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
23. CCNA certification required. CCNP certification preferred.
24. This position will require travel between sites in deployed, hazardous locations. Government accommodations may be austere.
1. Position is in Afghanistan. Candidate will work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. Candidate will be deployed to a hazardous duty zone. Personnel are assigned for 365-days "feet-on-ground".
2. Candidate will be issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), to include body armor and Kevlar helmet, and will be expected to work and travel in PPE as required.
3. Candidate must take direction and work as a cohesive team member, despite extreme work conditions and physical separation from other team members.
4. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan with any mode of transportation available including, but not limited to, helicopter, fixed-wing aircraft, and armored vehicle.
5. Candidates will be required to perform physical tasks in all weather conditions.
6. Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs and performing physical work related to the setup and movement of mobile communication containers and other equipment as required.
7. Must be willing to perform duties after-hours and on weekends.
8. Must be willing to cover shift-work as required.
9. Must be willing to be on-call.
10. Must be a proactive communicator, accountable and trackable at all times.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1. 2 - 5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
2. Previous deployment experience to hazardous location preferred.
3. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
4. Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
5. Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
6. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.