Hardware Warranty Manager - Secret
1. Maintain the Configuration Management Database as it relates to Hardware Warranties and support agreements.
2. Develop reports to address customer and management requirements.
3. Facilitate business needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support, and upgrade protection renewals are managed and ordered in advance of their expiration.
4. Engage and assist the customer in understanding and controlling Hardware costs and statutory requirements.
5. Collect information for budgeting, Hardware compliance and inventory, contract summaries and cost comparisons.
6. Analyze standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics and related reports for assigned contracts to determine requirements.
7. Communicate with end users, management, developers and vendors and respond to specific requests for Hardware Warranty Management information.
8. Establish, implement and maintain Hardware Warranty Management policies and procedures.
9. Optimize costs through analysis of license agreements and service contracts.
10. Prepare configuration and warranty data management documentation based on program requirements.
11. Participate in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
12. Develop and implement computer based configuration data management systems and related support.
13. Perform supply chain management functions.
14. Develop logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of Hardware.
15. Follow established policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
16. Conduct distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
17. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
18. Participate in special projects as required.
Provide contract administration for warranty service support agreements and invoicing with Original Equipment Manufacturers and Third Party Vendors for Enterprise hardware
Create a centralized hardware warranty management system to track financial, contractual and inventory requirements associated with capture, reporting and execution of hardware warranty invoicing
Update and maintain asset records related to Product tracking, use and consumption within an IT Asset Management system
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related experience in logistics, traffic and/or supply chain management.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.