Sr System Engineer (Backup & Recovery) with Poly
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to serve as a Backup & Recovery Systems Engineer supporting a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The candidate will be responsible for enterprise data backup network infrastructure and services. The candidate will perform the following duties:
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- Support the 1st shift work schedule in a 24x7 Operations Center
- Knowledge of ITIL service management processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Knowledge of database administration and server virtualization
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as NetApp, Commvault, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, etc.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.