Network Architect - TS/SCI w/Polygraph Required
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Utilize the ITIL v3 processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event, incident, and configuration management on the Common Service Layer - 1 Network Infrastructure
- Monitor and investigate Netowrk Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog Messages, troubleshoot network incidents, document findings, remotely restore services, recommends fix actions, and dispatch maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is not possible.
- Monitor and investigate network performance threshold events as well as security relevant alarms to proactively protect and preserve the functionality of the enterprise infrastructure
- Log and track events in NETS service manager to provide relevant information pertaining to the issue and all troubleshooting steps accomplished for historical and situational awareness
- Prioritize events based on criteria
- Coordinate and implement network changes
- Perform traffic engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating metrics to temporarily alt-route traffic in the event of an incident or service interruption.
- Communicate information required to Tier 4 vendors for Technical Assistance Cases (TACs)
- Support to Tier 3 with configuring, troubleshooting and integrating new network devices to provide service enhancements, application, deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- Perform disaster recovery plan (DRP) for backup and restoral of network devices as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.
15-20 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. Position also requires certification in CCNP or JNCIP
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.