Property Administrator/Logistics & Property Control
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to serve as the Property Administrator on a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) program. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The candidate will be responsible for managing and controlling the program IT assets. The candidate will perform the following duties:
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
Unique & Required Skills
- Knowledge of ITIL service management processes
- Experience using CMMI Level 5 supply chain management processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Prior work experience on large, geographically disperse networks
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, or Property Management is required, etc.
- Experience working with ITSM products, ie enterprise systems, property management and tracking systems and tools
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#CJPOST #DPOST #AJ