Manager, Help Desk (TS/SCI w/ Poly)
7 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Service Desk Shift Lead to provide oversight of a team and/or shift of service desk agents (tiers 1 and 2) supporting a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over wide geographic regions. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the service desk tier 1 & 2 teams performing the following duties; technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. The Service Desk Shift Lead or Manager performs the following duties:
Manages the help desk and technical support operations for a major group, office, Division, or customer.
1. Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of an information systems help desk.
2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, including supervisory experience.
Unique & Required Skills
- Must possess a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- Support the 1st or 2nd shift work schedule in a 24x7 mission centric Operations Center
- Effective supervisory skills
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as ITSM products, ITIL Foundations required, etc.
- Experience working with enterprise systems and monitoring tools ITSM products.
#CJPOST #DPOST #AJ
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#CJPOST #DPOST #AJ