Customer Service Representative/Cashier
Enter transactions in the cash register and provide customers with the total bill. Sort and count currency and coin. Greet customers as they arrive in the store and provide them with information regarding products and services. Safely bag, box and wrap purchased items. Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information. Process credit/debit card and check payments. Weigh items and determine prices of the same. Take payment in exchange of items or merchandise sold. Identify prices of goods through tags or scanner. Issue receipts and change to customers. Respond to customers’ complaints and take necessary action to resolve their issues. Count and reconcile cash at the beginning and ending of each shift. Process exchanges and refunds. Ensure that all checkout counters have enough cash. Issue trading stamps and gift cards. Perform the duties of customer service representative when required. Create and maintain periodic sales reports and spreadsheets. Assist staff in stocking shelves, rotating merchandise and marking prices. Ensure proper management of daily cash accounts. Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of checkout areas. Address customers concerns proactively. Open and close tills. Maintain knowledge of store inventory and sales activities.
- Previous experience in a Bank or Credit Union as a Teller.
- High school graduate.
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts.
- Must Posses the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately with a positive & helpful attitude toward customers.
- Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards and checks.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time.