PTOC Utility Mailer
Part Time On Call
Springfield, VA - NOT Metro Accessible
6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
1:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m.
7.5 total hours, 7 hours paid (30 minute lunch)
As a part-time, on-call Utility Mailer, you'll work in our Production and Manufacturing plant and perform a range of duties essential to getting The Washington Post on the streets and into readers' hands:
- feeding advertising material into production machinery
- lifting and stacking newspaper bundles
- 7-day-a-week, 24-hour work environment that demands dedication, focus, a commitment to producing a top-notch paper.
- Assist with production duties
- Lift/stack newspaper bundles with/without forklifts
- Operate heavy production machinery
- Follow appropriate safety procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation to our production plant in Springfield, VA
- Ability to work well in an industrial, high-noise environment
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven workplace
- Ability to follow Personal Protection Equipment policies
- Ability to be accountable for personal performance
- Some experience working in a plant environment or doing manual labor (desired)
- Track record of reliable attendance and workplace accuracy